Welcome to 7th Grade Language Arts with Mrs. Christiansen
Our first unit of the year, Facing Challenges, will help us to answer the following questions:
- What steps must be taken to face a challenge?
- How do you define normal?
- Why are some people limited by challenges while others are propelled by them?
- What obstacles can get in the way of facing a challenge.
- Is a challenge ever too hard to overcome?
Together we will read novels where the main characters overcome tremendous obstacles. These novels will serve as models for our own realistic fiction writing. During the months of September and October we will prepare as writers for NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. As you grow as authors, you will post your writing here to inspire, not only one another, but the world around you.